Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Snow, Schindler, Decisions


It hasn't snowed yet! I'm so grateful. I want to soak up as much good weather as I can before the inevitable occurs. Don't get me wrong. I like snow - but at Christmas time. This is a picture taken on September 9 last year - the first snow of the year! It's been very different this year. Yesterday I was wearing a tanktop in the afternoon. Definitely a bonus.
I'm faced with a difficult decision: should I move out of dorms next semester and live with my friend Mandy, or should I tough it out and hope that the amazing friendships I have here on bottom-floor Schindler somehow make up for the housing drawbacks? I don't know what to do! I really want to have my independence, I want to be able to cook for myself and retreat to my own home at the end of the day. And the girls last year that made everything worthwhile - most of those girls don't live here anymore. Still, Randa and Heather's friendship means so much to me, and I really value living with them. That experience alone is enough to balance my desire to move into my own apartment.
The other consideration is financial. It would be much cheaper for me to share a living space with Mandy. I hate to drag money into it, but I have to.
These decisions are driving me crazy!! I hope that I receive an epiphany soon!

No comments: