Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Fall Weather and Sundry Other Items

Thank God for a warm room! OK, so maybe the temperature of my room is bordering on sauna temperatures, but I'd rather be warm than cold. The furnace roars constantly, like an angry fire-breathing dragon living in the walls. I love it!
I'm definitely having a better week than the last one. I think I did OK on my English presentation, and my other classes are coming together nicely. I should be able to get lots of work done this weekend, plus fit in a trip to the library (yeah!) and go to Randa's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Oh, and I got my first paycheck from my job, which was rather pleasant.
My girls in my "connecting group" are so cute. They're all freshman, and they want to keep meeting and having Bible studies. Their idea is for everyone to have a turn leading on a rotational basis. Who am I to say no? My room is warm and usually decently clean, so it's a reasonable choice, and I always have tea and coffehouse-style music. Hey, I might even learn something - a lot of them are pretty intense Christians.
The weather is not behaving lately. I hate waiting for the bus when the wind is so frigid. But the trees are covered with a profusion of rich reds and yellows, and all the leaves float down in the wind and skip around on the sidewalks. At least it looks beautiful from inside my over-heated room. And my birthday is tomorrow. I guess that's always my first indication that fall is here to stay.
Bring it on!

No comments: