Saturday, May 20, 2006

Icky Creepy Crawly Things

Today I cleaned house. I killed one spider, one nasty worm, one weird beetle thingy, and about 25 ants. I do realize that I live in a basement and that bugs happen... but oh lord, I hate them! I don't have a fly swatter and so I dispatched most of the ants with my fist. Squishing them with my fingers is too gross to do, so I try to deceive myself into thinking that I'm not touching them by just using the bottom edge of my hand. The spider I killed with a dustpan, the beetle thingy I killed with a shoe, and the worm was already dead when I discovered him while I was sweeping my kitchen floor.
Now, it may sound like I need to clean house more often. But the sad truth is that my house is actually pretty clean all the time. Those darn bugs just get in! I am going to buy crates of ant poison and line them up all around the door and in strategic spots in my rooms. Then I will sit and grin fiendishly while those nasty little ants gorge themselves on sugar and then keel over dead. Mwah-ha-ha! This is my evil plan for world domination.
In other news, I think I would like to write a novel this summer. Haha, as if that will ever happen. Over the past two years I've started several sketchy stories that never even made it to page two. Then there was the story about Violet, which died a sudden yet subtle death once I realized that I actually had no idea where the plot was going. It was mostly cathartic writing anyway, since I was making Violet do all the things that I wished I could do in real life yet couldn't - like eating three brownies in one sitting and then taking a trip with a strange man to Peru. Yet I think that story could have some promise, if only I could think of the plot. If all else fails, I'll keep the first paragraph. I really liked the first paragraph.
The reason I have this sudden urge to write a story is probably because lately I've been rereading some of the books I used to love, and feeling that urge to create something that others will love. That is my dream. When I forget why the heck I ever decided to go to university in the first place, I remind myself of my love of writing, and hope that someday I will be able to write masterfully intricate stories of danger and fantasy and heroes and romance... and... oh geez, who I am I kidding? That's the way my thoughts go. But... you know, with enough practice... it could happen, right? Ah, who knows where my life will go. First I need to find a job that will actually keep food on the table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»