Saturday, September 10, 2005

Cloudy Evening

The bare white walls tend to close in on you. I like my room but I don't like the way that everything is so bare and sterile. It's too neat to look lived in, but too messy too make me feel completely at peace. And the pale evening light filtering through the cloudy sky echoes my odd, restless mood.
I hate living here sometimes.
.... "Why can't you see / Freedom is sometimes just simply another perspective away".... - Kutless
Freedom is such an elusive concept... and it seems so far away tonight. How do I know what it really feels like to be free? Abstract thinking is difficult for me, which is probably why I'm planning on failing my Literary Theory and Criticism class. But I think that here on earth, within the constraints of the frailty of our bodies, humans will never really feel freedom. If we were completely free, would we even be able to handle it?
I'm looking forward to Heaven. I hope that it won't just be blank white walls.

No comments: