Saturday, December 30, 2006

What I Want to Remember from 2006


Here I sit in my disastrously untidy room in my little basement flat in Lethbridge, trying to relive the moments that made 2006 memorable -

Well, there was that big boxing day sale at the Gap (two pairs of pants and a shirt for $50).... ok, just kidding.
Let's try again. If I keep going on like this, no one will ever believe that I'm not terribly materialistic. (I work in a mall, okay? I can't help getting excited about clothes for cheap.)

One of my best memories from Taylor was sitting beside Randa on the edge of the Schindler bathtub - shaving our legs and doing pedicures - and just talking about life and school and how time goes by so fast. That was a few days before I moved to Lethbridge.


Oh April! You were so rainy... so dark and depressing and cold. I was looking for a new job - meeting new people - trying to decide what the next year of my life would look like. I'm glad that that decision was wrenched out of my hands - even though my life right now isn't what I planned at all, I wouldn't trade it for anything else.


And then I met Galac.
I remember the day he asked me out - I remember the terribly awkward movie that we went to (has anyone even heard of The Brick? No, I didn't think so) - I remember the delicate process of getting to know each other - I'd like to say that I remember our first kiss, but that would be a lie - heck, it happened, and anyways the first kiss is not usually the rock-your-socks-off moment that chick flicks like to make-believe. I remember the day that I knew I was in love with him - I was sitting on the bus on my way to work (at Subway. I was going to try to get through this memorable-moments-of-2006 post without mentioning that job, but I guess I just did, so I'll just say that I didn't exactly enjoy that chapter of my life, and move on - I have a better job now) and I was thinking about him, and suddenly I just knew. I've never fallen in love before... so it was kind of terrifying and joyful and giddy all at once.

Little Miss Sunshine. I couldn't talk about 2006 without mentioning the hands-down, best-ever movie of the year. I could watch Little Miss Sunshine every day.

And then there was the guy who tried to break into my house. Probably lost at least two years of my life from that scare. I know it's overplayed, but Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" is definitely on my top songs of 2006 list. (Okay, I don't have a list exactly but if I did that song would be #1.)

And kudos to Jose, my raunchy Mexican car. Jose I love you even if you are slightly touchy and tend to crash into things (or is it just my bad driving) and by the way your wipers suck and it would be great if the gas gauge would work but whatever you're mine and I'll try to look after you. I promise.


Oh, and in 2006 I made the Best Chocolate Cake Ever. I wish I had a picture to show you guys but you'll just have to take my word for it. It was amazing.

If there's one thing I learned this year, it's to not take your loved ones for granted. They could be gone at any moment. Life is short - breath is fragile - so cherish the people that you love. And tell them. Every day. That's important.

I guess this is it for 2006. I'll see you all in the New Year. Happy partying, may you all get as hungover or un-hungover as you want to be.

p.s. The picture at the top was taken at my parents' house this Christmas. We had a wonderful holiday - it was pretty loud and there was lots of excitement but I must say that it was a great finish to 2006.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

valium online overnight taking 3 5mg valium - valium 5 mg day

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg diazepam abz 10 mg tabletten - buy diazepam online legally usa

Anonymous said...

generic ativan rare side effects ativan - ativan 0.25 mg

Anonymous said...

ativan price wyeth ativan yellow - where to buy ativan online

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax vs lexapro - herbal pills xanax

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10mg diazepam withdrawal help - diazepam 2mg how long does it take to work

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan sublingual 1mg - can buy ativan online

Anonymous said...

soma pharmacy carisoprodol online pharmacy - where can i buy soma online

Anonymous said...

valium 5mg drug interactions percocet valium - buy valium uk online

Anonymous said...

buy soma online how long does carisoprodol 350 mg stay in your system - carisoprodol 350 mg addictive

Anonymous said...

soma online buy soma online - side effects of the medication soma

Anonymous said...

valium pharmacy short term side effects valium - valium prescription drug abuse