Monday, December 11, 2006

Random Thoughts about Christmas

Christmas is almost here.
Is it just me, or did this year fly by? It seems like just yesterday that I was sitting in my room at Taylor, staring at the mess, and thinking about how great it would be in my new place in Lethbridge. That was in April, and the eight months that followed have been a blur. Meeting Galac... working at Subway... falling in love... working at Bluenotes... my new roommate... my new car... my sister's wedding... my brother's engagement... it's been insane, but in a good way.
Galac and I celebrated six months together on December 6th. Six months! To me, an insecure commitment-phobe, that's crazy. How did I end up in such a fantastic relationship?
As usual, I'm working through the whole holiday season. I get Christmas Day and New Year's Day off, but only because the mall is closed on those days. The Christmas crowds have already arrived in full force. I'm actually typing this on my break, and my head feels as if someone has been repeatedly kicking it. Possibly that could also have something to do with my lack of sleep, but that was my own fault. From here on in, I need to make sure that I go to bed early every single night - the deluge of grumpy customers is only going to increase in intensity.
I was thinking the other day about how happy I am to not have a school Christmas banquet to dress up for. Oh Taylor, how I don't even miss you one tiny little bit.

No comments: